The Complete Guide to Spring Training 2019 / Florida
Spring training is a time of new beginnings, when the baseball world preps for another season. Hope is in the air, with rookies fighting for roster spots and veterans prepping for another campaign. Every team in spring training has a shot to contend for a title, as life on the diamond begins anew.
In Florida, spring training is when hardcore baseball fans scout their favorite teams and eagerly track every open roster move. Casual fans head to the ballpark in search of the perfect Florida experience, happy to sip a brew at the outfield bar.
Coverage is arranged by area: Gulf Coast (where the Boston Red Sox, Minnesota Twins, and Tampa Bay Rays train), greater Tampa Bay (where the Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates, Philadelphia Phillies, and Toronto Blue Jays train), Orlando (where the Atlanta Braves train), and the Treasure Coast/Palm Beach area (where the Houston Astros, Miami Marlins, New York Mets, St. Louis Cardinals, and Washington Nationals train).
Changes for the 2019 spring-training season are highlighted, including the new Atlanta Braves facilities in North Port, Sarasota County, as the team prepares for a delayed move for 2020 spring training. This book also previews ballpark upgrades in Clearwater, Port St. Lucie, Dunedin, and Palm Beach. Every chapter in this book had been upgraded and expanded with coverage of college ballparks and notable historic destinations throughout Florida, including a look at the ballparks where Jackie Robinson made history over 70 years ago.
Each chapter features:
- Best seats in each ballpark, whether you want comfort, shade, accessibility or autographs
- Ballpark tips
- Must-sees before and after the games, including local baseball attractions and sports bars
- Training information, to plan a trip before the games start
- Information on new and renovated ballparks
- Travel tips: Low fares at nearby airports, alternative routes (beat the traffic!) and freeway shortcuts
- College games: create your own day-night doubleheaders
- Points of interest for the baseball history fan, including expanded coverage of Jackie Robinson’s first spring training and where he played in Florida
- Changes for spring training 2019 and beyond
- Tentative schedule information
This book has been totally revised for spring training 2019, with pricing, ballpark offerings and information updated. As always, we throw in free shipping!
The book is available in Kindle, Nook and iBook editions, as well as the printed edition. You can download eBook versions from this site, or you can order directly from these distributors:
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Apple iTunes Store | Kobo
If you buy the eBook from August Publications, you'll need to transfer it to your device if you do not buy it from your device. Amazon gives you plenty of tools to transfer this book from a PC/Mac to any sort of Kindle; click here for information. We've done lots of testing to ensure this book can easily be transferred to any Kindle, and the process is smooth! If you're not comfortable transferring files to your device, we recommend buying it from Amazon (for the Kindle) or Barnes & Noble (for the Nook).